Your new home!
Let’s check a few things first.
After the long search, purchase and settlement, you finally have access to your new home. Now you have committed much of your hard earned dollars, it’s a good idea to consider checking out the following areas of your home to make sure they are functioning efficiently and properly.
- Change the locks. You never know who or where spare keys have been in the past, also it’s a great opportunity to have your whole property keyed alike.
- Check doors and windows for functionality as well as security. Consider adding draft seals and stoppers to external doors and windows to keep energy costs down.
- Check taps and waste pipes for leaks or drips. Repairing any leaking plumbing sooner than later can save you costs on water bills and also leaks can lead to larger plumbing issues later.
- Gutters are clear of debris. Clogged gutters can cause leaks into the roof cavity and damage to external walls.
- Test smoke detectors. Check all appliances and consider the need for servicing. Dishwasher, oven and stovetop heating and cooling.
- Check all fences and gates are working and secure to keep your children and furry friends safe.
If you need help with your new home we can assist. Give us a call or complete a job list and submit to us for a quote.